What to do before you move items to storage? As the weather warms up it is time to find a secure location for your shovels and snow boots. With Princeton Self Storage packing tips, you will be packed and organized before you arrive. When you have storage questions ask the experts you trust and find the solutions that work for every situation. We will help you packing every thing from your college dorm during the summer semester or your house while you put it on the market.
- Rent the right size unit. If you need help deciding, use our online calculator or talk it over with our store manager.
- So your boxes do not absorb moisture from the cold cement, pallets keep the air flow consistent and will be sturdy enough to hold your heaviest boxes.
- It is a good idea to label everything but go a step further and mark all 4 sides.
- The change in temperature can be harsh on certain materials like a porous wood surface. A lubricant on the exterior will stop them for warping.
- Keep a list of where things are in your unit. This is something to prepare ahead of time so moving is more efficient.
- Make sure your box containing your china set is clearly labeled.
- Putting padding on the top and bottom while also wrapping each piece is the safest option for breakables.
- Have a few big items? Let a professional moving team help with the large chests and wardrobe.
Princeton Self Storage is here when it is time to pack the house or store college gear until next semester. Since school is ending soon and the kids will be home for the summer, use these storage packing tips to get the house in order.