It is time to take the ornaments off the tree and unplug the light display outside, but where are you storing these decorations? Make seasonal holiday storing easier with a storage unit, then utilize all your home storage space. Princeton Self Storage can help with these holiday storage ideas!
DIY Holiday Storage Tips
- Clothing racks are great for hanging wreaths.
- Use hangers and garment bags to easily store wreaths.
- Shrinkwrap the tree or reuse a compact tube from the shipping store.
- Keep ornaments from getting crushed with plastic cups.
- Wrapping paper can lay in a garment bag and be hung in storage.
- Transparent bins will make it easy to find specific decorations next year.
- Make dividers out of cardboard for boxes with ornaments.
- Wrap lights around coffee cans to keep them from tangling.
- Use paper towel holders for extension cords.
- Water bottles make it easy to store bead garland.
These 10 tips for storing the holidays will get you packed and ready to move to the storage unit.
Which storage unit is right for you?
A Few Boxes and The Tree – Use a small storage unit will be perfect. Compared to a small closet a 5×5 or 5×10 storage unit have plenty of space for the everyday decorator.
Decorations Inside & Out – Take advantage of the medium storage units offered at Princeton Self Storage. There is enough room for a tree, boxes, and a few yard decorations.
Your Yard is the Talk of the Neighborhood – Go for the large storage option! With a whole display outside and floor to ceiling decorations inside, a large storage unit is best!
Princeton Self Storage offers a month to month lease which means you choose how long you stay with us. Start your holiday storing today and rent online!